Primarily it is the fight against cross-border crime and other violations of law, within the jurisdiction of Customs bodies of the Republic of Belarus, including the use of forms and methods of operational investigaions.
The creation of the Customs is aimed at:
- strengthening of territorial Customs during the increase of freight and passenger traffic within certain border areas;
- conducting emergency control measures at the checkpoints as well as within the country;
- emergency response to changing of operational situation;
- improvement of operational efficiency of mobile teams;
- conducting special activities in cooperation with other law enforcement and monitoring authorities of the Republic of Belarus.
The main tasks of the Customs are:
- assistance to implementation of EAEU common commercial policy of EAEU;
- ensuring performance of Customs regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union and the legislation of the Republic of Belarus, the performance of which is assigned to Customs authorities;
- provision, of protection of rights and legitimate interests of natural persons, society and government against criminal and other illegal offences within the limits of its competence in the sphere of customs regulation.In accordance with the Order of the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus dated 01.07.2016 № 299-OD «Concerning Approval of Heraldic Symbol of Operational Customs» an official ceremony of presenting a new banner to Operational Customs took place in the Belarusian State Museum of the Great Patriotic War on July 1,2016.